Are you looking to hire an architect but aren’t sure which one to choose?
Whether you’re building an office space or home, the right architect can help make your dreams come true. But how do you know which architect to hire?
Check out this guide to learn the top things to consider when hiring an architect.
1. Figure Out the Type of Architect You Need to Hire
If you’re experiencing problems with your skin, you’d schedule an appointment with a dermatologist, not a podiatrist. The same logic needs to be applied when hiring an architect.
Just as there’s a wide range of specialties for doctors, so too are there a wide range of specialties for architects. Here are some of the most common types of architects:
- Residential Architect: This type of architect can help you build a custom home
- Commercial Architect: This type of architect can help you build a commercial building
- Landscape Architect: This type of architect can help you design your yard space
- Interior Architect: Not to be confused with interior designers, an interior architect will focus on the art and science of an interior space
- Sustainable Architect: This type of architect will help ensure that whatever you’re building is environmentally-friendly
When embarking on a new project, it’s very important that you hire the right type of architect.
2. Do Some Online Research
Once you figure out the type of architect you need to hire, it’s time to do some online research. Start by searching for architects in your area on Google.
Make a list of architects with professional websites and outstanding reviews. Also, make sure the architectural company is in good standing with the Better Business Bureau.
3. Ask to See a Portfolio of Work
Once you’ve put together a small list of architects, the next step is to contact each one of them and ask to see a portfolio of their work.
Ideally, you want to find an architect who has completed a project that’s similar to the one you have in mind. Also, don’t just ask to see pictures of their completed work. Ask to see samples of the entire project so you can see what their process looks like from beginning to end.
4. Discuss the Scope of Your Project
Before hiring an architectural firm like Adams Architectural Associates, you need to discuss the scope of your project. When speaking with potential architects, you should ask the following questions:
- How long will the project take you to complete?
- What roadblocks do you foresee with this project, if any?
- Have you completed a project like this before?
- How much will the project cost?
- What will the timeline look like for the whole process?
- How do you communicate with your clients?
You should also ask each architecture for a list of references before deciding to hire.
Hiring an Architect: Are You Ready to Hire?
Now that you know these tips for hiring an architect, it’s time to start your research. With these tips in mind, you should easily be able to find the right architect in your area.
Be sure to check back in with our blog for more architectural tips and tricks.