Today’s environment and hectic lifestyle have led to several types of medical issues arising in individuals. There are many types of health problems that could affect people of any age. One of these problems is Hernia that many people experience. You can Get Advanced Laparoscopic Hernia Treatment in Mumbai and get the help of some of the most qualified and trusted healthcare professionals. These professionals will offer you the most advanced treatments for a hernia.
A hernia is a medical condition where there is a gap and space in the strong tissue. This tissue holds the muscles in place. A hernia can occur if there are internal layers of the abdomen muscle. These muscles have weakened over time and result in a bulge and tear. Similarly, the inner tube will pass through the damaged tore, and the inner lining gets pushed through the weakened area of the abdomen so that it can form a sac that looks like a balloon.
This medical condition is the cause of discomfort and intense pain. It can also lead to other potentially serious health problems that would require immediate medical attention and surgery. This problem can occur in both men and women. Some people are born with Hernia, while others can develop it over time. Contrary to the popular misconception, a hernia will not go away or get better on its own. There are also no physical exercises or therapy that can treat this problem. The patient will have to undergo proper treatment. They can get advanced laparosopic hernia treatment in Mumbai.
How to know if you have a hernia?
Hernia can be detected yourself or a medical practitioner by a quick external examination. The most common areas where you can get a hernia are the groin, belly button, place, or previous operation. One might notice a bulge protruding under the skin. Some patients feel pain and strain while lifting heavy items. They can also feel pain during cough or urination and bowel movement. Prolonged standing and sitting can also cause discomfort or pain. Your doctor can also detect a hernia at the time of your regular physical examination. Some people feel a dull pain sensation while others experience sharp pain that can worsen by the end of the day.
If one experiences severe and continuous pain, redness, swollen skin, tenderness, then the Hernia may be trapped or strangulated. When you see these symptoms, you should immediately consult your doctor and seek medical help.
How should the patients prepare themselves for the treatment?
If you want to get advanced laparoscopic hernia treatment in Mumbai there are certain things that you should do to prepare yourself for the treatment. Some of the points that you should consider are as follows-
- Most of the hernia operations can be performed on an outpatient basis. The patient will have to go home on the day of the operation.
- Some of the preoperative preparation can include some blood work, health, and medical evaluation. The EKG will depend on the age and the medical condition of the patient.
- After the surgeon has reviewed all the potential risks and advantages of the hernia operation, the patient will have to give the medical practitioner written consent to offer surgery.
- It is suggested that the patient shower a night before the operation or the morning of the operation. They must use antibiotic soap.
- After midnight, the patients are required only to take the medications prescribed by the doctor. They should not consume food items or drinks. You can drink water before the surgery as per your surgeon’s advice.
- Before the surgery, the patient will have to stop taking aspirin, blood thinners, vitamin E, and any of the anti-inflammatory medicines temporarily. This has to be done several days before the surgery to avoid any complications. You can talk with your surgeon, and they will provide you instructions for your medications at the time of the surgery.
- Any kind of diet medication and nutrition diet plans should not be used or be followed before the surgery.
As a hernia patient, you should give up smoking and ask for any help and assistance you need at home. Smoking can cause an increase in the risk of your Hernia recurring and coming back even after surgery. In a few cases, the hernia surgeon will also ask you to quit your smoking habit before the surgery.
What to expect after the surgery?
When you Get Advanced Laparoscopic Hernia Treatment in Mumbai, you will have some questions about managing your health post-surgery. You can talk to your doctor before getting the treatment about the aftermath and effects of the treatment on your overall health and take precautions accordingly.
- After you have undergone the hernia operation, you shall be transferred to the recovery room. In that room, your condition will be monitored for one to two hours. When the patient is fully awake, the doctor will observe your condition.
- After the patient regains consciousness and can walk and drink liquids and urinate, they will be allowed to go home and recuperate there.
- The patient should expect some soreness and tenderness after the operation. This will be felt for twenty-four to forty-eight hours.
- Doctors will recommend the patients to have some movement after a day in surgery.
- When you receive the treatment for laparoscopic hernia repair, you shall probably get back to the regular and everyday activities in a week. These activities could be driving, walking, showering, climbing the stairs, lifting items, and engaging in sexual activities.
- The patients will have to schedule an appointment for a follow-up checkup in two weeks after you have been operated on.
You can Get Advanced Laparosopic Hernia Treatment in Mumbai by consulting a specialist for a hernia operation. You can look up on the internet and find some of the most experienced doctors in India.