Dossing off with music is great but it’s not great that the music keeps playing after you’ve fallen asleep and wastes your battery. Spotify has finally pushed out an update that fixes this great big problem. The feature is called Spotify Sleep Timer. The feature lets you set a timer on Spotify after which your music stops playing. If you set the timer to 30 minutes, the music will stop playing after 30 minutes after you must have dozed off.
In this post, we will show you how to set up Spotify Sleep timer feature on iPhone and iPad, Android and Windows
How to use Spotify’s Sleep Timer feature on iPhone and iPad
First off, you will have to make sure that you have the latest version of Spotify installed before following these steps because Spotify is rolling out the feature via a software update. If you don’t see the function in the Spotify app.
- Launch the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Start playing your music or podcast of choice.
- Select the “now playing” screen so that the artwork and playback controls are front and center.
- If you’re listening to music, tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen. If you’re listening to a podcast, tap the little moon icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Scroll down and select Sleep Timer from the list of options that appear.
- Select a duration for your timer. There are six increments to choose from, between five minutes and an hour. If you’re quick to fall asleep, choose End of track or End of episode.
You’ll can tell that the Sleep Timer function is active by the moon icon that appears next to the playback controls. If you set a timer and you haven’t fallen asleep yet, you can go back in and tap either Turn off Timer or select more time.
Spotify Sleep Timer on Android
The sleep timer feature was first available in the android app before iOS. Here is how to use the feature on Android.
- Open Spotify
- Play a song.
- Tap the button with the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and you will find the option “Sleep timer”.
- You can then select the desired time period.
- You can stop playback after the selected time or after the current song.
- Spotify will then automatically stop playback at the desired time.
Spotify Sleep Timer on Windows
There is also no timer function integrated into the Spotify software for Windows yet. But here, too, there are several possibilities.
● The easiest way to do this is with an additional program. SleepTimer Ultimate simply shuts down your computer after the desired time.
● Alternatively, you can do without the software and give Windows the command itself.
If you’re at a loss for what to listen to at bedtime, head to Spotify’s Sleep selection of playlists for some quick inspiration.