Disney+ just launched with a massive library of TV shows and movies. For anyone who wants to sign up for the service, we have put a detailed step by step breakdown of the signup process in which you can follow here. It’s quite simple to follow.
As of now, the service is only supported in the US, Canada, and the Netherlands, which means you can’t watch outside of these countries. However, we have found a way for you to watch your favorite shows on Disney plus in unsupported countries.
The service costs $6.99 a month, or $69.99 for an annual subscription. If you can’t afford that or you want to test the streaming service before you subscribe, we have got you covered. We have put together all the ways you can get Disney+ for free.
Disney+ is now available on Roku meaning that you can watch all your favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Channel, and National Geographic movies for just $6.99 a month ($70 a year). Fortunately, it’s easy to download, install, and sign-up for Disney Plus on Roku. Here is how.
As long as you are using a newer Roku device with up-to-date software, then you should be able to get Disney+ on it. This includes:
- All Roku TVs
- Roku Streaming Stick
- 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
- Most numbered Roku devices.
The following models are not compatible with Disney+:
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku HD model 2500X
How to Sign-Up for Disney Plus on Roku
- Sign up for Disney+ service here
- Once you’re signed up, on your computer, click here to go to the Roku web store.
- Log in to your Roku account.
- Search the Disney+ app from the Roku Channel Store.
- Click on the Disney+ icon from the search results and click install to install the Disney+ app onto your Roku streaming device like Roku Premiere, Roku Streaming Stick, or Roku Ultra
- Once installed, log-in using your Disney+ credentials to stream your favorite Disney shows & movies
Disney+ features available on the Roku TV stick
The Disney Plus App will support unlimited downloads on your mobile devices, four simultaneous streamers, up to 7 profiles, 4K streaming, and includes hundreds of avatars.
The first year will include 25 new original series, 10+ movies, 7,500 past episodes, 100 recent movies, and 400 library titles including the entire Disney Vault. The company announced 6 original shows and movies that will be available at launch, including the $100 million 8-episode Star Wars spin-off, The Mandalorian which was directed by Jon Favreau.